The fifth edition of the FuseNet PhD event will take place from 15 - 18 November 2015 in the beautiful city of Prague, Czech Republic.
Organized by the Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague under the umbrella of the FuseNet Association and with financial support by EUROfusion, the PhD Event 2015 brings together PhD students working in the field of fusion science and engineering.
The event is building on the experience and feedback from the 4 previous editions, and is for large part organized by a student committee.
The aim of the event is to enable students to disseminate their research, develop a network of contacts and learn from each other's experiences.
This will be achieved by:
- PhD student presentations (posters and/or oral session for all students)
- Appealing line-up of Invited speakers, among them are Richard Pitts of ITER, Jochen Linke of FZJ and Ambrogio Fasoli of EPFL
- Excursion options:
- HiLase & ELI (Laser Centers)
- COMPASS (tokamak) & PALS (Laser System)
- Research Centre Rez (Fusion technology)
- GOLEM (Tokamak)
- Social events
- Discussion sessions and soft-skill sessions
The PhD Event in Fusion Science and Engineering is open to all PhD students, whose topic is associated to nuclear fusion research and registered at a European university, or at a FuseNet member university.
Financial support for attending students is available, granted by EUROfusion through FuseNet, at the FuseNet website.