The Conference4me smartphone app provides you with the most comfortable tool for planning your participation in Fusenet PhD Event 2015. Browse the complete programme directly from your phone or tablet and create your very own agenda on the fly. The app is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Kindle Fire devices.To download mobile app, please visit http://conference4me.eu/download or type 'conference4me' in Google Play, iTunes App Store, Windows Phone Store or Amazon Appstore. More information can be found here
- Authors of oral contributions are kindly welcome to submit their presentations at the web page to get them ready in advance in the lecture room. Pdf and ppt like formats are welcome.
- Special requests for any animation, videos etc. should be communicated in advance with the local staff.
- The presentating PC is Windows based OS. Linux OS on request without any problem.
- Prague is a safe city, to a reasonable degree also at night, the only exception being the pending problems with pickpockets.
- There will be both guarded and free rooms to store bags, coats etc at the faculty.
- Weather forecast
- On Sunday afternoon, there will be a student in the hotel Ibis to help and give directions. Walking to the faculty is highly recommended.
- In case you cannot come earlier, we advice you to come from the airport straight to the opening of the event. You can check into the hotel also later. From airport you can take bus number 119, a line connecting the Prague airport with the metro station Nádraží Veleslavín (line A – green). Then continue to station Staroměstská (still line A - green) and then it is 350 m walking distance to the PhD venue. The whole ride from the airport could take about 45 minutes.
- "Team-building" activity:
- There is a chance to walk around in the Old Town of Prague, within the frame of the programme.
- There is a backup programme inside the university in case of bad weather.
- The activities will not be physically demanding, so you won’t need to change clothes before the welcome party.
- List of participants within individual excursions: pdf x xlsx form.
- Evening is reserved for private city discovery.
- 18:00-21:00: Alternative programme is the GOLEM operation workshop with real possibility for participants to control the tokamak GOLEM on their own. Basic instruction manual available. Meeting point: registration office.
- On Tuesday night, participants can join an After-party, that will take place outside the scope of the PhD event. Tentative "registration" @ Facebook to help us choose appropriate restaurant.